Six benefits of PhD editing
Producing a PhD thesis is a time-consuming and iterative process. It is necessary to conduct research, write it up, discuss it with friends, colleagues and supervisors, rethink it, write it again, and then repeat multiple times over the course of several years with the eventual hope that you end up with something good enough to be accepted by your peers.
The last stage of this process, of course, is proofreading and editing your PhD thesis, adding the final touches between finishing your last draft and sending it the printers. PhD editing is difficult and lengthy, and there are many benefits to our PhD editing service to help you over this last hurdle:
1) PhD editing saves time. Our editors can likely edit the work more thoroughly than you can, and in a shorter period of time – they are, after all, experts and professionals. This saves you the time that you would have spent editing, which can then be used for all the other tasks that need doing before submission, and is also useful when you start to see your deadlines looming and start to worry about making them.
2) PhD editing relieves academic stress. We know from experience that PhD students can often find the mad dash to finish a final draft, edit and correct it, and do all the necessary administration before submission highly stressful. By taking care of the editing process, our PhD editing service can help alleviate this stress, thus making what is often the worst part of many students’ doctoral experience a little less awful.
3) PhD editing improves style. Our editing service is designed to improve the language, style and structure of your sentences, with the aim of helping you to produce a final draft that is clear, concise and well written. A good style is important for creating a good impression on your peers and for ensuring that your ideas are understood and can therefore be assessed fairly on their own merits.
4) PhD editing improves format. One of the most time-consuming things about the process of editing and correcting before submission is the formatting. Many students aren’t familiar enough with Word or the other programs they use to format their work, and university requirements can be stringent and obscure. Our editors will format your work to meet all university guidelines, and make it look professional at the same time.
5) PhD editing removes errors. It can be common, especially over very long documents written over the course of years, for minor errors to creep in: typographic mistakes, misplaced apostrophes, strange line breaks, missed page numbers in references etc. Spotting these errors can be difficult, especially with such a large document, in such strict time constraints, and with text that you have read many times before. Our editors are experts at finding these errors in a document, leaving it perfect for submission.
6) PhD editing improves remarks. The combination of the previous five steps can often lead to candidates receiving better remarks and feedback. They will avoid penalties for formatting errors, misspellings or typos, and their work is likely to be well received because of its neatness, clarity and style. Furthermore, by relieving stress and taking some of the burden of work away from the candidate, a PhD editing service will allow you to focus on the important things, like your ideas, your research and your argument, and to make them as strong and well expressed as possible before submission.
As a PhD thesis is such an important document, it is clear to see the benefits Oxbridge Proofreading’s PhD editing service offers.